East Falls Tee Shirt Design Contest

Every year, my neighborhood in Philadelphia holds a tee shirt design contest. The winning design is sold at the annual bike race, fall arts fair, and at local bars and restaurants. When we moved to East Falls in February of 2009, I was excited to participate in the contest and took my task very seriously. I was even more excited when I found out my design was chosen as the winner. I thought it would be fun to share my design process here. Beginning with a photo session of the Falls Bridge, I captured the best angle for my illustration.

Based on the photo, I sketched the scene and scanned it into Photoshop. Using historic color combinations and one of my favorite fonts, Rosewood, I drafted the design in Illustrator. As a finishing touch, I incorporated the arch shapes of the bridges along the Schuylkill River.


Comments

  1. That's awesome Katie! Where can I buy one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! Thank you so much! The East Falls Development Corp. office still has some (I think). They're $10 - want me to check it out? It's right by my house so totally easy for me to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great, I'd love to buy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay cool! I will let you know when I get it. I would love to get together with you guys soon - dinner in the city?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment