Halloween cards, inspired by Luna and Soli


I love any excuse to make our two cats, Luna and Soli, look like best friends. What better way to bring them together than in a Halloween portrait? I used gouache paints (opaque water color) on water color paper. After scanning the painting, I used InDesign to make the layout fit to the card size. The paper purchase is the result of a fun trip to the new Paper Source store in Princeton (rumored to be opening soon in Philly, please say it is so!) and the stamps and paper were part of my (larger) purchase. I used double-stick tape to adhere the printed piece to the black card. I have found this to the best way to layer paper and avoid any nasty glue bumps. Each card made its way into an orange envelope finished with a skull and crossbones stamp. The only hard part to these was waiting for the ink from the rubber stamps to dry. I don't have much patience when it comes to getting cute cards out in the mail. Happy Halloween!


Comments

  1. I love these! I didn't know about this site and am so happy to have found it. Just today I was wishing I lived near a Paper Source again. I miss living near 3 in Chicago & Evanston. You are so talented and it is fun to see your work. I'm inspired! Thanks! Brita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment