Working on a new brand design for The Lettered Set

This long weekend has been great for my creative brainstorming. I've decided that I'd like to create a true brand for The Lettered Set. As I have done for my other clients, I need a logo, business card, letterhead, and blog header design. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I tend to put my creative efforts toward projects other than my own. I think it might be the fact that once I start designing something for myself, it's hard to know when to stop.

I decided to start with a new blog header because that seemed to be the fun and easy piece to tackle first. I might change it up a bit over time but I'm pretty happy with it right now. I love Photoshop collage art. I also like the fact that this blog header says a little something about me. For instance, those pieces you see are my own tools - not some boring stock art purchases. The items in the left corner are the bookmark Ran and I gave away at our wedding and the letterpress plate used to make them. The ribbon on the right is left over from a wedding program I created for a friend. The stubby pencil is the one that I happened to have on my desk when I started scanning everything.



Next up, logo and business cards. When I first launched The Lettered Set I went to one of my favorite online printers for my business cards. Moo.com is based in the UK but they ship to the US. I like them because of the thick paper stock, quality printing, cheap prices, and the different trim size options (I got the mini cards). They also allow you to upload your own images or choose from a large selection of brightly colored stock art. Above are photos of the cards that I have now. I only ordered 100 because I didn't know how long I would want to use this one design. When I create my new logo, I'll go back to Moo for more.

Comments

  1. What a great blog, Katie! Good luck. Shirley Hirsch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estefi2/16/2010

    I really like the new header!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment