Recycled origami hearts and a banana smoothie


Saturday morning was absolutely beautiful here in Philadelphia. I took the opportunity to work on my crafts outside in our sunny backyard. I also made a delicious banana smoothie from a recipe in my May issue of Cooking Light. In honor of Earth Day, last week the Paper Source blog shared instructions for a simple yet very pretty "recycled" gift. Click here to view and download the instructions to make your own "twig and origami heart" decorations. Here are some photos from my successful attempt at this great project. I also include a couple shots of how to cut a square out of a non-square shape. The writing is small but you can click the image to see a larger version. The banana smoothie recipe is at the end of the post. Enjoy!













Banana Breakfast Smoothie
Servings: 2 / Serving size: 1 cup
1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
1/2 cup crushed ice
1 Tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 frozen sliced ripe large banana (mine was not frozen and it was fine)
1 cup plain Greek 2% yogurt


Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender; process 2 minutes or until smooth. Add yogurt, process until just blended. Serve immediately. 

Comments