Last week I shared my creative journey into the magical world of Harry Potter. One of the flourishes I added to each wizard's wand was a handmade tassel. They are very easy to make. All you need is colorful embroidery thread and scissors. Below are the steps (numbered in the image above):
1. Begin by wrapping one color of your embroidery thread around your four fingers, four times.
2. Add a second color of embroidery thread and wrap that around four times.
3. Remove the thread from your hand. You will now have a small circle of thread. With a separate piece of thread (about 3 inches long - long enough to use as a tie), tie a knot at one end of the circle.
4. Use your scissors to cut through all of the thread at the opposite end of the circle.
5. With another separate piece of thread, tie a knot around all of the tassel threads about 1/2" down from the main tassel tie.
This is what the tassels looked like on the wands: