Turquoise and Gold: Elegant baroque-style invitations

I had so much fun working with my friends Kristen and Glenn on their save the dates and wedding invitations. The save the dates were bold and fun (printed balloons!) and the couple wanted something more traditional for their invitations. Using the same turquoise and gold colors, I created a modern baroque design with an ornate custom illustration. Each set includes an invitation, reply card, reply envelope, and driving directions. An antique gold belly belt keeps all of the pieces together. The envelope treatment is almost as extensive as the invitations. Using a custom stamp from Paper Finger, I imprinted the return address on the back flaps of the envelopes. I also lined each envelope with a custom paper liner, designed to match the baroque style of the invitation. I then shipped the envelopes off to Brooklyn where Bryn at Paper Finger worked her calligraphy magic. It was so fun to see the final piece in my mailbox!

Comments

  1. Kristen5/17/2011

    Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristen! I loved making these for you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment