National Stationery Show - sneak peek!


On Tuesday I went to the National Stationery Show in NYC. And what a day it was! I am going to write more about a couple of my favorite booths next week but wanted to give a quick update while it was fresh in my mind. The booths alone were absolutely incredible. It was amazing to see the creative ways that designers incorporated an entire brand motif into the layout. For the stationery itself, I saw some distinct trends, including bold colors, ranging from warm to pop tones, and lots of detailed illustration work. The best part of the experience was that I walked the show with my college friend and stationery design star, Karly Depew of Oscar + Emma Custom Design Studio. Karly started her stationery design career as a custom wedding invitation designer at Paper Source in Boston. After learning everything there is to know about invitation design and production, she started Oscar + Emma. Karly exhibited at the NSS two years ago as she launched her line of letterpress greeting cards. She has since transitioned to being the go-to wedding invitation designer for top wedding planners. Karly also designs cards for Minted.com. Her work has been featured on morning talk shows and in Martha Stewart Magazine. Through Karly, I met some of my favorite design teams and stationery celebrities. She also introduced me to a printing company called Prints Well. The quality of their work is amazing and I plan to use them for photo cards (baby announcements, holiday, etc). Here is a list of some of the booths that we visited and some that just caught my eye. As a non-buyer, it wasn't really appropriate to poke around too much in other designers' booths. That's why it was so great to be with someone who knows people! Again, I plan to write more about a couple of these next week.

Two Trick Pony
Igloo Letterpress
Rifle Paper Co.
PushMePullYou Design
Albertine Press
Timeless Paper
42 Pressed
Smock
Mara Mi
Studio R Design
Max + Bunny
Ink + Wit
Branch Letterpress
Hello Lucky
Hammerpress
Spark Letterpress

Comments